Pilates, which is named after its originator, Joseph Pilates, is a form of movement and exercise that aims primarily at developing the strength of the muscles which support the spine. Since the spine is the core of the body, when the spine is well supported then all the parts attached to the spine will function optimally. This optimal functioning is essential for our general health and well-being. Redway Pilates offers a powerful combination of Pilates enhanced with the principles of the Alexander Technique. The Alexander Technique is an approach to movement that includes an understanding of the natural design of the body and how best to cooperate with it to gain optimal strength with minimal effort.
At Redway Pilates you will learn:
- What the true core of the body is and what real core strength is
- How to naturally activate the correct muscles without artificially ‘squeezing’ or ‘tightening’
- What you are doing that is getting in the way of developing your full potential
- How to get this optimal strength with minimum of effort
- How to work in a way that eliminates strain on the neck, lower back, and joints
Whether you are wanting to learn Pilates to develop core strength, shape up and tone, increase mobility and flexibility, or to help rehabilitate an injury or trauma, the Redway approach is the optimal way to go. We begin with simple movements and exercises and then build up to whichever level of intensity works for you!